Four tanks with pontoon erection in Azerbaijan
10 October 2017
Four vertical tanks with pontoon were erected at oil terminall in Baku. The vertical tanks were manufactured at the Saratov Reservoir Plant. The capacity of each tank is 10000 m3.
As part of the erection the following works were carried out:
- reinforced concrete foundation installation;
- water repelling coating to protect steel from the negative impact of moisture;
- edge and the bottom of the tank assembling;
- unrolling and welding of the tank shell;
- pontoon and the floating roof installation;
- access platform and stairs installation;
- installation of process equipment and piping manifold.
The shell of the steel tank was produced by plate-by-plate method, which requires a large number of welding works during erection. The height of one tank ring is 2000 mm, the number of tank rings - 9 PCs.
The designated service life of the tanks is 20 years.